By Jon Stiffler PTA/Sports Center Manager
Orthotics are comfortable custom-fit inserts for your running or walking shoes. These inserts are used to help correct biomechanical issues that may cause lower extremity pain or dysfunction. These are especially helpful in easing pain in the feet, ankles, shins, knees, hips and the lower back.
Your visit will take 30 minutes and includes the following:
• A gait analysis
• A flexibility screening
• Casting of both feet
• An examination of current running shoes
• A home exercise program (if required)
• Suggestions for proper running shoes
Cost of Service
We offer this professional customized service for only $138.60. Additional pairs can be ordered at any time. A prescription or referral is required.
For more information on the benefit of orthotics or to make an appointment, call 904-391-6955!
Where is Telemedicine frequently used?
All JOI Physicians, Physical Therapists and Occupational Therapists now offer Telemedicine services for virtual visits from the convenience of your home. If you feel that it is best to stay in your own home during this time, we can still provide orthopaedic Telehealth services for you. Through the download of the free Zoom app on the your phone, tablet or laptop. Our physicians and Telehealth for Physical Therapy can evaluate you and provide the care you need.
- To schedule a new patient or follow up patient appointment with your MD, please call (904)JOI-2000 or read more here about our orthopedic telemedicine providers.
- To schedule an appointment for physical or occupational therapy, call 904-858-7045 or call any of the 12 area JOI Rehab Centers.
JOI Physicians are currently offering ASAP Fracture care. Make an appointment by calling (904)JOI-2000. This is a new option for patients who would like to avoid the emergency room if they have suffered a fracture or soft tissue injury. To learn more about this service, read this article about fracture and injury care.