Medical Laser – $20 per visit, per body part*
Available by appointment at JOI Rehab San Marco Spine Center, South Spine Center, and Westside locations only.
What to Expect:
- This therapy is a non-invasive technique designed to help reduce pain and inflammation, and it can be safely used as an adjunct or replacement for pharmaceutical drugs. It is cleared by the FDA as a pain relief treatment. JOI Rehab’s licensed therapists will perform each treatment as directed by your physician.
- Each treatment lasts between 3-15 minutes, depending on the condition being treated, and it is administered directly to the skin, as laser light cannot penetrate through layers of clothing. You will feel a soothing warmth, as the therapy is administered.
- Depending on the condition you are being treated for, your therapy may be administered through either a “contact” or “non-contact” handpiece. The contact handpiece is designed to allow your therapist to physically manipulate the tissue, while administering the treatment, resulting in a laser-massage treatment. This allows for light to penetrate deeper into tissues than the non-contact handpiece allows, due to its ability to displace tissue through a laser-massage technique.
- You should experience positive results after 5-8 treatments, or perhaps, an immediate change during the initial treatment. Together, your doctor and JOI therapist will develop a treatment plan that is optimal for your specific condition.
How Does It Work?
- Medical Laser Therapy works by flooding the tissue with photons, which energize cells within the injured tissue, to begin the healing process.
- This therapy allows your body to utilize its own restorative powers by inducing a series of healing responses in your body. As you feel the soothing warmth of our medical laser, you will begin an 18-24 hour process of modulated cellular activity leading to decreased pain and inflammation.
Is It Safe?
- Our medical lasers adhere to strict International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standards in order to provide you with the safest non-invasive treatment option available.
- All JOI therapists approved to use the laser have had extended training and are registered providers with the State of Florida Department of Health.
Why choose Medical Laser Treatment?
- LiteCure® Medical, a leader in its field, is a clinically proven modality that is the preferred brand of professional athletic trainers.
- The LightForce™ EX is the highest-powered therapy laser in LiteCure Medical’s product portfolio. With 15 watts of power, it provides an unparalleled level of versatility. Advanced 3-Danimations of relevant anatomy allow our therapists to have the confidence to clearly visualize the treatment area, and it enables you to better understand the scope of the therapy.
- Featuring unique technology, this laser uses optimized dosing to the targeted tissue as part of a customized delivery plan. Critical variables, including the area being treated, specific clinical condition, individual body type, and skin pigmentation, will be used to determine dosage prior to the selection of the most appropriate delivery method for your specific condition. This level of sophistication takes the guesswork out of laser therapy and provides a more consistent, positive outcome with reduced treatment times.”
*(Not typically covered by insurance)
For more info on Laser Therapy read here »