ActivArmor™ at JOI
ActivArmor is now available at the JOI San Marco location.
Unexpected injuries and broken bones are debilitating and tend to halt life and active lifestyles. ActivArmor™ empowers patients with the freedom to be able to maintain their active lifestyles while an injury or broken bone is healing. Experience the new way to heal from sprains and breaks that JOI and ActivArmor™ collaboratively offer!
Check out ActivArmor™ in Action
What is ActivArmor™
ActivArmor™ is a Colorado based company specializing in custom-fit 3D casts and splints. ActivArmor™’s use of 3D scanning technology allows each patient to receive a perfectly fitted device specific to their body’s injury. ActivArmor™ was born from the idea of founder and CEO, Diana Hall. Hall, a chemical engineer, was inspired to transform the world of casting and support devices through an outreach program she was running. While running the program she encountered many children who had splints and casts – many of these children struggled to keep the medical supports clean and dry. As Hall went on a quest to reform traditional casting and splinting methods, ActivArmor™ was born.
What is 3D Printing?
3D printing is a process of making three dimensional solid objects from a digital file. 3D printing is also known as additive manufacturing, which is a manufacturing process where a 3D printer creates three-dimensional objects by depositing materials layer by layer in accordance to the object’s 3D digital model. Each of these layers can be seen as a thinly sliced horizontal cross-section of the eventual object. 3D printing enables you to produce complex yet functional shapes using less material than traditional manufacturing methods
How ActivArmor™ Benefits Patients
ActivArmor™ is a support device tailored to fit each patient’s unique body. The revolutionary 3D scanning technology allows custom-fit medical casts. Unlike traditional casting methods, ActivArmor™ is fabricated with light-scanning and computer 3-D imaging, using a high temperature thermosetting plastic. The new technology ensures each patient receives a unique, and precisely fit device to customize the healing process. ActivArmor’s™ high tech healing options allow for specific mapping to the contours of the limb or injuries requiring stabilization and support. ActivArmor™ is the first and only custom-made 3D waterproof splint available in the United States and equips patients and physicians with faster, unique, healing specific methods.
ActivArmor™ is great for athletes, children, and post-surgical patients.
Benefits of an ActivArmor™ Cast
- Waterproof Cast
- Breathable Cast Material
- Fixed or Removable Cast
- Custom Fabricated with Multiple Colors
Additional benefits include:
- Hygienic benefits including the ability to bathe and shower with it on
- Reduced feelings of claustrophobia
- Improved skin condition and comfort
- Reduced irritation due to breath-ability and improved hygiene options
- Reduced office time and visits for re-casting and re-fitting due to soggy casts, deformed splints or worn velcro
- Patients can have access to post-surgical incisions for wound dressing and follow-up care at home
Common Injury Uses for ActivArmor™
- Hand Metacarpal Fractures
- Scaphoid Fractures
- Wrist Fracture (distal radius/ulna)
- Thumb MP Collateral Ligament injuries (e.g. skier’s thumb)
- Basal Joint Arthritis/Instability (TMC joint)
- Peripheral Nerve Injuries (anti-deformity)
- Median or Ulnar Nerve Repairs
- Radial Nerve Palsy/Injury
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Wrist/Thumb Tendonitis
- Collateral Ligament Injuries
- Wrist Sprain
- Mid Carpal Instability
- Scapho-lunate Instability
- SLAC Wrist
- DRUJ Injury/Instability
- TFCC Injury/Repair