JOI COVID 19 Response
The Jacksonville Orthopaedic Institute continues to be open through this COVID19 Crisis. We continue to change our procedures and protocols to make it as safe as possible for our patients and our valuable employees.
In accordance with CDC guidelines and in conjunction with Baptist Health, JOI and JOI Rehab are following the best practices to provide you and our employees with a safe environment.
These practices include:
- Screening all of our employees, patients and visitors as they enter our facilities for symptoms, positive Covid tests and temperatures.
- Increasing the cleaning our offices, waiting room, exam rooms, and equipment.
- Paying close attention to areas that are touched frequently, such as doorknobs, pens, chairs, and medical devices.
- Ensuring that our staff members are paying close attention to cleaning between patients.
- Decreasing the number of waiting room chairs to provide appropriate social distancing.
- Providing added shields at the front desk areas and in some patient care areas.
- Making hand sanitizer stations readily available.
- Continuing to follow strict hand washing protocols and the wearing of PPE for all JOI employees.
- Requiring all patients and visitors to bring and wear a mask to their appointment. Masks with a valve are not allowed. (As of 5/4/2020)
- Providing patients with options to wait in cars rather than in our waiting rooms. (Virtual waiting room at all of our centers)
- Providing Telehealth Services for both JOI and JOI Rehab.
- Reaching the community with the Bridge program that allows JOI Rehab clinicians to come to your home for patients is the geographic areas of our JOI Rehab Facilities
- As we continue to focus on maintaining a safe environment for our patients and staff as well as following social distancing guidelines, we are no longer allowing patients to bring guests with them to their appointments with the exception of minor patients, patients with limited mobility, translation or those with other approved circumstances. If someone needs to accompany the patient, we are limiting patients to one guest.
We ask that you do your part to help stop this epidemic by wearing a mask for your appointments at JOI and JOI Rehab. Wearing a mask, along with following the other social distancing protocols like staying at least six feet from people and washing your hands frequently, helps prevent the spread of the disease. If you do not have a mask, the CDC has provided directions to make your own mask. If you have any questions prior to coming into your appointment, please give us a call at 904-JOI-2000. Our call center can make your in-person appointment or a Telehealth appointment if you prefer.
- If you have had COVID 19, please call JOI-2000 for our criteria to be seen at a JOI Facility.