JOI Responds to the COVID-19 Crisis With Telemedicine.
Telehealth for Physical Therapy is now available at JOI Rehab. At the Jacksonville Orthopedic Institute, your health and safety are our top priority. We encourage our patients to follow CDC recommendations to protect themselves and others from risks related to the Coronavirus. We are taking the precautions to protect our patients and our staff. This includes continual cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and rooms. We follow social distancing guidelines in waiting and treatment areas. Every person (including staff) who enters any of our facilities is screened for symptoms and fever. We have been using a virtual waiting room. Therefore, you can wait and pay your copay from you car. Only those who are cleared based on CDC guidelines enter our facility.
Telehealth Visits for Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Now Available!
Above all, we realize that some patients who need physical therapy or occupational therapy may have difficulty attending therapy sessions. In conclusion, as of March 23, 2020, JOI Rehab is offering an telehealth (E-Visit) option for our patients. E-visits are sessions in which a patient can have a virtual visit with their therapist online. Using the camera of their computer or smart-phone, patients can connect with their therapist. The therapist can address specific issues and concerns which they would normally address during a traditional visit. This is done through the ZOOM Client Meeting program. Patients will need to download the ZOOM app on their device.
Click this Link to Download the ZOOM app. https://zoom.us/download
How do Telehealth/Virtual Visits Work?
- Telehealth E-visits are available to patients who have already had an initial evaluation in-person with a physical or occupational therapist.
- New Patients CAN be evaluated by a therapist using Telehealth in most circumstances. Therefore, please contact us to confirm whether your insurance covers telehealth physical or occupational therapy Evaluations
- E-visits are available to allow patients to connect with their therapist to address specific issues. They are not a replacement of traditional visits and they are not intended to be an ongoing form of treatment.
- Most insurance companies, including Medicare, cover E-visits.
- Patients may request an E-visit if they would like to schedule virtual session.
If you would like to learn about how JOI Rehabilitation can have a Therapist Come to You, read about the JOI Rehab Bridge Program! If you are having surgery and want to stay home after surgery, our bridge program will certainly help you. Therefore, when your ready to come into our center, we can make a smooth transition.
In conclusion, if you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment, call 904-858-7045. You can also request an appointment online or click the link below.