Telehealth Visits for Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Now Available
JOI Responds to the COVID-19 Crisis With Telemedicine.
At the Jacksonville Orthopedic Institute, your health and safety are our top priority. We encourage our patients to follow government recommendations to protect themselves and others from risks related to the Coronavirus. We are taking extreme precautions to protect our patients. This includes continual cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and rooms. We follow social distancing guidelines in waiting and treatment areas. Every person (including staff) who enters any of our facilities is screened for symptoms and fever. Only those who are cleared based on CDC guidelines enter our facility.
Telehealth Visits for Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Now Available!
We realize that some patients who need physical therapy or occupational therapy during this period may have difficulty attending therapy sessions. For this reason, as of March 23, 2020, JOI Rehabilitation is offering an telehealth (E-Visit) option for physical and occupational therapy patients. E-visits are sessions in which a patient can have a virtual visit with their therapist online. Using the camera of their computer or smart-phone, patients can connect with their therapist to address specific issues and concerns which they would normally address during a traditional, in-person, visit. This is done through the ZOOM Client Meeting program. Patients will need to download the ZOOM app on their device.
Click this Link to Download the ZOOM app. https://zoom.us/download
How do Telehealth/Virtual Visits Work?
- Telehealth E-visits are available to patients who have already had an initial evaluation in-person with a physical or occupational therapist.
- New Patients CAN be evaluated by a therapist using Telehealth in some circumstances. Contact us to confirm whether your insurance covers telehealth physical or occupational therapy Evaluations
- E-visits are available to allow patients to connect with their therapist to address specific issues. They are not a replacement of traditional visits and they are not intended to be an ongoing form of treatment.
- Most insurance companies, including Medicare, cover E-visits.
- Patients may request an E-visit if they would like to schedule virtual session.
If you would like to learn about how JOI Rehabilitation can have a Therapist Come to You, read about the JOI Rehab Bridge Program!
If you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment, call 904-858-7045 or click the link below and choose the Rehabilitation location in the location drop down box.