Brett P. Frykberg, MD
Dr. Brett Frykberg, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Frykberg graduated Cum Laude from the University of Tennessee with a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and Cellular and Molecular Biology. He attended Medical College of Virginia Campus, Virginia Commonwealth University where he graduated as a Doctor of Medicine.
Dr. Frykberg completed his residency at the University of Florida College of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation where he was the Orthopaedic Surgery Chief Resident and he is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
He has a strong interest in the field of joint replacement and complex revision surgery. He trained at the Hospital for Special Surgery located in New York City, which is the number one hospital for joint replacement in the world. During his fellowship, he became immensely interested in hip disease in the young, active adult.
Dr. Frykberg is glad to be home to serve the people of Jacksonville once again. He graduated and participated in sports at Bishop Kenny High School. Dr. Frykberg maintains a patient-centered and team approach to his practice and truly believes in treating his patients as though they are his own family. He wants his patients to be an integral part of their own care which helps to develop the doctor-patient relationship and provides a platform to make educated decisions regarding their future care and, in turn, facilitating an easy transition through conservative or surgical treatment.
Dr. Frykberg uses the latest technology in robotic-assisted as well as computer navigated joint replacement surgery. He also performs hip resurfacing procedures. It is his goal to improve the quality of life for his patients and return them to a stronger and more active lifestyle.
He is excited to be at the forefront of these treatments and bring them to Jacksonville Orthopaedic Institute San Marco and Baptist Health.
He practices at the JOI San Marco Clinic
Dr. Frykberg is a Fellowship Trained Hip and Knee Reconstructive Surgeon
New Patient Appointment Line: 904-564-2000, Fax: 904-996-9412 or schedule online.
To schedule follow-up appointments or cancel and reschedule appointments, please go to the Patient Portal.
Hours of Operation
Kevan Wright, APRN, Nurse Practitioner
Medical Assistant/Secretary: (904) 391-6824
Birmingham Hip Resurfacing Information
- JOI Birmingham Hip Resurfacing Protocol
- The BIRMINGHAM HIP Resurfacing (BHRTM) System Flyer
- The BIRMINGHAM HIP Resurfacing System Brochure
- According to The Telegraph, Andy Murray had Birmingham Hip surgery on Monday, January 28, 2019
- Back on the court: Rare hip procedure revives tennis coach
- Advances in hip replacement
- Ankle Fractures
- Arthroscopy Knee
- Knee Arthroscopy and Knee Replacement
- Arthroscopy (Scope)
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Broken Bone
- Bursitis (Hip)
- Cartilage Injuries
- Chronic Tendonitis
- Compression Fracture
- Congenital Anomalies)
- Excise Lumps and Bumps
- Fracture Care
- Fractures and Hip Pinning
- Hip Injections, Hip Strains
- Hip Pain (Pain in the hip)
- Birmingham Hip Resurfacing
- Intra-Articular Knee Injections
- Joint Replacement,
- Hip Replacement (Total Hip Replacement)
- Knee Injections and Knee Cap Pain
- Knee Pain (Pain in the knee)
- MAKO Robot-Assisted Partial Knee Resurfacing
- Mass Excisions
- Medial Patellofemoral Ligament
- Meniscus Tear (Medial and Lateral)
- Occupational or work-related Injuries
- Osteitis Pubis
- Osteochondritis Dissecans (Jumpers Knee)
- Partial Knee Resurfacing
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injections or PRP
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Robot-Assisted Partial Knee Resurfacing
- Soft Tissue Injuries (Contusions)
- Sports Injuries
- Sports Medicine
- Total Hip Replacement and Hip Revision
- Total Joint Replacement and Total Knee Replacement