JOI COVID 19 Response
The Jacksonville Orthopaedic Institute continues to be open through this COVID19 Crisis. We continue to change our procedures and protocols to make it as safe as possible for our patients and our valuable employees
Please watch this Video by JOI Rehab.
In accordance with CDC guidelines and in conjunction with Baptist Health, JOI and JOI Rehab are following the best practices to provide you and our employees with a safe environment.
JOI Best Practices
You can complete all of your paperwork from home. To request your paperwork, please click on Paperwork and complete the form. You can also request this feature when you make your appointments. At all of the JOI Rehab Centers, you can use the virtual waiting room from your car. You can also pay your copay from your car while you wait.
- We continue to monitor staff for symptoms and positive Covid tests.
- Increasing the cleaning our offices, waiting room, exam rooms, and equipment.
- Paying close attention to areas that are touched frequently, such as doorknobs, pens, chairs, and medical devices.
- Ensuring that our staff members are paying close attention to cleaning between patients.
- Decreasing the number of waiting room chairs to provide appropriate social distancing.
- Providing added shields at the front desk areas and in some patient care areas.
- Making hand sanitizer stations readily available.
- Continuing to follow strict hand washing protocols and the wearing of PPE for all JOI employees.
- Due to the low incidence of COVID-19 in our community, and the latest guidelines from the CDC, universal masking is no longer required.
- Providing Telehealth Services for both JOI and JOI Rehab.
- Reaching the community with the Bridge program that allows JOI Rehab clinicians to come to your home for patients is the geographic areas of our JOI Rehab Facilities
- As we continue to focus on maintaining a safe environment for our patients and staff as well as following social distancing guidelines, we are no longer allowing patients to bring guests with them to their appointments with the exception of minor patients, patients with limited mobility, translation or those with other approved circumstances. If someone needs to accompany the patient, we are limiting patients to one guest.
Our call center can make your in-person appointment or a Telehealth appointment if you prefer.
- If you have had COVID 19, please call 904-JOI-2000 for our criteria to be seen at a JOI Facility.