COVID-19, JOI is Ready!
By Ehren Allen, DPT/Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist
There is a lot of excitement in the air here in Northeast Florida. We have entered the second phase of re-opening businesses. As I drove downtown last night I saw that there was life! People were walking around and visiting shops and restaurants. It was exciting and encouraging to see things beginning to return to normal in Jacksonville.
The concern is that many will assume that the pandemic is over. Well, it’s not over. Florida has seen the largest spike in COVID-19 cases this week than in any other week during the Pandemic. We are not out of the woods yet. JOI is Ready for the Second Wave of COVID-19.
How is JOI Ready for the Next Wave of COVID-19?
The Jacksonville Orthopedic Institute (JOI) remains open to meet all of your Orthopedic needs during this Pandemic. We are aware that it is not over. JOI is working with Baptist Health to ensure that patients and staff have the safest experience possible. Our surgeons are back in the operating rooms. We have expanded our office hours to meet your needs. Here are some of the ways that JOI is ready for the Second Wave of COVID-19.
- JOI has spaced seating in our waiting areas to maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Patients can complete all initial paperwork online. This helps limit the time and exposure in the front office area prior to appointments.
- All of our facilities have universal mask requirements. Every patient and staff must wear a mask at all times in our facilities.
- All patients and staff are screened prior to entering any of our facilities.
- Our staff and clinicians wash hands and wear gloves with patient contact.
- Patients must receive a negative COVID-19 test prior to surgery.
- JOI offers telemedicine visits for those who are high risk or unable to come to the office.
- We offer ASAP Fracture and Injury Care for those who are injured but are concerned about going to the Emergency Room.
How is JOI Rehab Ready for the Next Wave of COVID-19?
JOI Rehab is also ready for the Second Wave of COVID-19. Our therapy facilities are taking the same precautions as our physician offices. The 12 JOI Rehab offices offer online check-in and virtual waiting room as well as online paperwork options. JOI Rehab facilities have staff designated to clean equipment before and after use. We have spaced our equipment and we make every effort possible to maintain distancing guidelines in our gyms and treatment areas.
JOI Rehab offers other programs that are unique and innovative to help keep you safe during the COVID-19. These include:
- JOI Rehab offers Telehealth visits for those who are at high risk for COVID-19.
- Therapists can come to your home through our JOI Rehab Bridge Program.
- JOI Rehab is helping to educate our Sports Medicine Partners on how to resume sports safely with less risk of COVID-19 spread.
- For physical therapy appointments, please call 904-858-7045.
Is it a Good Time to Get Care for My Pain or Injury?
If you have an injury or pain that won’t go away, it is important to seek care quickly. Waiting can lead to further complications and chronic issues. JOI is here for you….Right Now! We are taking every measure possible to make sure that we can take care of you in a safe environment.
To schedule an appointment online or in one of our offices, call 904-JOI-2000, or click the link below.