Plantar Fasciitis Treatment plans
By Andrew Heideman PT/ATC
Plantar Fasciitis Treatment plans vary depending on severity, but here are some common treatments:
- Orthotics can help cushion the heel and provide arch support to help alleviate painful symptoms helping plantar fasciitis treatment plans.
- Medical laser can help jumpstart the healing process and reduce inflammation.
- The Graston Technique can help in loosening the plantar fascia and other restricted muscles that support the foot.
- A Strassburg sock and/or night splint are devices that can be worn to help reduce pain associated with plantar fasciitis.
The acronym RICE is a treatment method that can be done at home to aid in acute pain relief.
You can also try and focus on home exercises to improve the pliability of your muscles. If you would like to learn more about Plantar Fasciitis, please watch this video.
- Causes / Causes/Risk Factors
- Lifestyle Changes and Home Remedies