Never Quit Tips of the Week
By by Never Quit
Final Prep Tips of the Week for Never Quit
JOI Never Quit Tips.
Pre-Race Check List
JOI Never Quit Tip of the week: It’s almost race week-scope out this pre-race check list to make sure you are prepared.
How do you know when to buy new running shoes?
Tips for dealing with Swimmer’s/Paddler’s Shoulder
Check out these tips for dealing with Swimmer’s/Paddler’s Shoulder.
How to Self Evaluate Run Form
Never Quit Tip of the Week: How to Self Evaluate Run Form. Ask yourself these 5 easy questions
3 Step Pull-up Progression
Never Quit JOI Tip of the Week: Try this 3 Step Pull-up Progression in your preparation for the Never Quit Warrior Challenge or Battle for the Beach
Warning Signs of Injury
JOI tip of the week: Recognize these red flags as a possible sign of injury and good reason to see your Orthopedist #JOI tip of the week
Active warm up exercises
Try these active warm up exercises vs. static stretching to loosen up pre-run or track work out.
Try these upper extremity stretches pre-paddling or swimming to open up the shoulders.
Open Water Swim Tips
Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness (DOMS) Part II
Dealing With the Dreaded Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness “DOMS” – Never Quit Training
1. DOMS can last anywhere from 24-72 hours after a workout
2. Eccentric exercises (i.e. push-ups/pull-ups) tend to cause greater soreness than concentric contractions
3. An active WU vs static stretching can help lessen the aftermath of DOMS
4. Foam rolling or mobility exercises are a great way to eliminate DOMS faster
5. Opt for ice baths vs heat to minimize the effects of DOMS
Never Quit Tips
Smart Goal Setting
How far our should I start training for my event?
Try these yoga poses to loosen up the back & hips pre-paddle or beach run! Hold each pose for 30 seconds!
Are you worried about your team knocking out 1000 push-ups for the Battle of the Beach? Try this 30-day challenge!
Areas often neglected by runners are mid-back, IT-Band & core/glutes. Add these exercises to your Never Quit routine
3 shoulder strengthening exercises that every surfer, paddler, and swimmer should include in their strength preparation for Never Quit 2015.
Beach Running Tips
1. Run at low tide
2. Run close to the waters edge
3. Start with 15-20 minutes at a time to prevent injury
4. Use shoes if you are a beginner beach runner
5. Watch out for shells and sharp objects if you chose to go barefoot
6. Beware that barefoot sand running can worsen ankle sprains, achilles tendonitis, and plantar fasciitis
7. Don’t forget the sunscreen
8. Try to avoid inclined shore lines
9. Note your pace WILL be slower
10. Don’t forget hydration
JOI and JOI Rehab
JOI Physicians continue to offer online new patient appointments. This is another option to make it more convenient to make new patient appointments with less phone hold times. Follow the link below to select your JOI MD and schedule online.
You can still call 904-JOI-2000 to make new patient JOI Physician Appointments if that is your preference.
To make appointments with JOI Rehab, please call 904-858-7045.