JOI Medical Massage Relaunching
By Jon Stiffler PTA/Sports Center Manager
Relaunching JOI Medical Massage during COVID-19
JOI Rehab is proud to announce that we will be relaunching the availability of medical massage at our San Marco, South, and Beach locations. We want to assure patients that we are following all CDC guidelines to ensure the safety of our workers and patients in all JOI facilities. In addition to new guidelines in our clinics, our massage therapists will follow the following protocols to ensure safety for any massage patient:
- New patients will be called prior to appointment and receive information from clinic staff. They will remind them of their appointment and giving them instructions to not come in if they feel ill. They will also tell them to wear a mask when arriving for the appointment. Current patients will continue to be educated on these guidelines by their Massage Therapist
- Staff members will perform temperature checks for all people entering the facility, no exceptions. Patients and staff that are able to proceed will follow normal COVID protocol.
- We are not expecting full occupancy. Waiting room chairs will be reduced and spread out to allow patients room to social distance.
- Shields have been installed at the front desk areas as a protection device.
- Thorough cleaning of all centers will be done daily by our cleaning company.
- Throughout care, massage patients will continue to be required to wear appropriate PPE at all times. They will also be provided information for “homemade masks.”
- PPE will continue to be used by all staff, and tables will be sterilized between patients. Previously used sheets will be replaced with clean sheets, and any equipment used will be sterilized between each use. Any commonly touched surfaces will be cleaned between each patient. These include door handles, pens, chair handles, etc.
- To decrease the risk of disease transmission with hands on treatment, Massage Therapists will ensure hands are washed and/or sanitized after touching each patient or non-sanitized surface.
- Each massage room will have a HEPA Air Sanitizer in it to filter the air within the room. Each room will be aired out between patients.
- Social distancing guidelines will be adhered to at all times except for patient treatment as needed.
- Massage patients who do not want to wait in our waiting room will be provided the ability to wait in their car. The Massage Therapist will alert them when they are ready. This will also include the option to pay for their service while waiting in their car or prior to their appointment.
- To aid in reducing each new patient’s time in the waiting room, patients will be given the option to have any necessary rehab appointment paperwork sent to them electronically to complete.
To schedule your massage, please call the closest JOI Rehab clinic:
- San Marco: 904.858.7045
- South: 904.288.9491
- Beach: 904.247.3324