How to Download Zoom
By General Info
During the outbreak of COVID-19, JOI will be offering online MD and Therapy Telehealth visits. You will talk directly with your therapist or doctor using video conferencing. Most people ask the question, “is zoom free?” The quick answer is yes! Appointments will be done through the free Zoom app.
After scheduling your MD or Therapy Telehealth appointment, you will receive an email consent with a Zoom meeting link and meeting number. You will need to download and create an account prior to using the link you receive in your email consent. Once you have downloaded Zoom and created your account you can return to the email and click on the link to join the meeting on its scheduled date and time.
There are several informative videos on the Zoom website which teach you how to use the app. It is helpful to watch these instructional videos and learn to navigate Zoom prior to your appointment. Watch this video to see one of our therapists Ehren do an interview with News4Jax explaining telemedicine.
3 Simple Steps to Download Zoom
Please note you will need an email address and access to a phone, tablet or computer with audio/video capabilities.
- Google “download Zoom” or go to the Zoom website.
- Click the download button under “Zoom Client For Meetings”.
- Once download is complete, finish by installing Zoom on to your phone, tablet, or computer.
- How to download Zoom on to a Mac computer:
- To install Zoom on your Mac computer, you might need to change your security and privacy settings to allow apps to be downloaded from identified developers. You can read more detailed instructions on the Zoom website.
JOI Physicians are currently offering ASAP fracture and injury care. Make an appointment by calling (904)JOI-2000. This is a new option for patients who would like to avoid the emergency room if they have suffered a fracture or soft tissue injury. To learn more about this service, read this article about fracture and injury care.