Degenerative Joint Disease
By Ehren Allen, Certified Manual Therapist/Physical Therapist
Do You Have Degenerative Joint Disease?
Do You Have Degenerative Joint Disease? If you are experiencing leg pain within your hip, knee, or ankle, the physicians and rehabilitation specialists at Jacksonville Orthopaedic Institute can help.
You may be experiencing symptoms consistent with osteoarthritis, which is also known as degenerative joint disease. Degenerative joint disease (DJD) is the most common form of arthritis that affects the cartilage lining the ends of your bones. Furthermore, the cartilage is a smooth surface that allows bones to glide easily upon one another. Also, it can also act as a shock absorber within your joints. With time, and wear and tear, the surface layer of cartilage can begin to break down leading to painful joints.
The physicians at JOI can help create an individualized plan that best suits your needs. If physical therapy is necessary, the rehab specialists at JOI can help maximize what your body will allow with exercises to increase movement and strength around your joints. Furthermore, if you are experiencing leg pain, choose the team at Jacksonville Orthopaedic Institute to provide the professional services you need.
Whether you are suffering from back issues, joint pain, or injuries resulting from any type of activity, JOI has 12 physical therapy clinics conveniently located in Jacksonville and Northeast Florida who specialize in orthopedic rehab. Our other centers are located at:
- Arlington – 1301 Monument Road, Suite 14 Jacksonville, FL 32225
- Appointment Line 904.733.9948
- Baptist Beaches – 1577 Roberts Drive, Suite 320 Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250
- Appointment Line 904.247.3324
- Fleming Island/Clay County – 1747 Baptist Clay Drive, Suite 210 Fleming Island, FL 32003
- Appointment Line 904.621.0396
- Mandarin – 12276 San Jose Blvd., Suite 716 & 717 Jacksonville, FL 32223
- Appointment Line 904.288.9604
- Nassau – 1348 18th Street South, Suite 320a Fernandina Beach, FL. 32034
- Appointment Line 904.557.9021
- Nocatee – 203 Fort Wade Road Suite 130 Ponte Vedra FL 32081
- Appointment Line 904.686.3111
- North – 12961 North Main Street, Suite 201 & 202 Jacksonville, FL 32218
- Appointment Line 904.757.2474
- Point Meadows – 7740 Point Meadows Drive, Suite 1&2 Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Appointment Line 904.564.9594
- San Marco – 1325 San Marco Blvd., Suite 102 Jacksonville, FL 32207
- Appointment Line 904.858.7045
- South – 14534 Old St. Augustine Road Jacksonville FL 32258 Suite 3220 MOB 3, 2nd Floor
- Appointment Line 904.288.9491
- Westside (Riverside) – 5393 Roosevelt Blvd., Suite 17 Jacksonville, FL 32210
- Appointment Line 904.389.8570
- World Golf Village – 105 Murabellla Parkway, Suite 6, St. Augustine, FL 32092
- Appointment Line: 904.224.2666
If you are interested in scheduling an appointment at JOI Rehab for physical therapy, call (904) 858-7045. Come see us!
Where is Telemedicine frequently used?
All JOI Physicians, Physical Therapists and Occupational Therapists now offer Telemedicine services for virtual visits from the convenience of your home. If you feel that it is best to stay in your own home during this time, we can still provide orthopaedic Telehealth services for you. Through the download of the free Zoom app on the your phone, tablet or laptop. Our physicians and Telehealth for Physical Therapy can evaluate you and provide the care you need.
- To schedule a new patient or follow up patient appointment with your MD, please call (904)JOI-2000 or read more here about our orthopedic telemedicine providers.
- To schedule an appointment for physical or occupational therapy, call 904-858-7045 or call any of the 12 area JOI Rehab Centers.
JOI Physicians are currently offering ASAP Fracture care. Make an appointment by calling (904)JOI-2000. This is a new option for patients who would like to avoid the emergency room if they have suffered a fracture or soft tissue injury. To learn more about this service, read this article about fracture and injury care.