Acupuncture After Covid-19
By Jon Stiffler, PTA, CPT, PES
Acupuncture After Covid-19
Acupuncture after Covid-19 poses many concerns for patients. This is because the COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in changes throughout all of our lives. However, while these changes have impacted many aspects of our lives, one thing that has not changed is the benefit of Acupuncture to treat your medical condition.
Acupuncture Treatment Helps With:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Low Back Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Sinus Problems
- Tennis Elbow
- Wrist Pain
What JOI Acupuncture is Doing for Your Safety
- New patients will be called prior to appointment and receive information from clinic staff reminding them of their appointment and giving them instructions to not come in if they feel ill, as well as wearing a mask when arriving for the appointment. Current patients will continue to be educated on these guidelines by their Acupuncturist
- For all staff members and Acupuncture patients being seen in the office, upon entering the facility, staff members will perform temperature checks for all people entering the facility, no exceptions. Patients and staff that are able to proceed will follow normal COVID-19 protocol.
- Shields have been installed at the front desk areas as a protection device.
- Cleaning of all centers will be daily by our cleaning company.
- Acupuncture patients will continue to be required to wear appropriate PPE at all times while in the building, as well as being provided information for “homemade masks”
- PPE will continue to be used by all staff, tables will be sterilized between patients, previously used sheets will be replaced with clean sheets, and any equipment used will be new or sterilized between each use. Any commonly touched surfaces will be cleaned between each patient by the Acupuncturist to include door handles, pens, chair handles, etc.
- To decrease the risk of disease transmission with hands-on treatment, the Acupuncturist will ensure hands are washed and/or sanitized after touching each patient or non-sanitized surface.
- The Acupuncture room will have a HEPA Air Sanitizer in it to filter the air within the room.
- Social distancing guidelines will be adhered to at all times except for patient treatment as needed.
Jacksonville Acupuncture at its Finest
How to Book an Acupuncture Visit
JOI Rehab has Licensed Acupuncturists who have advanced training and experience that allows them to provide care focused on healing injuries, improving function, or increasing circulation.
Acupuncture is available by appointment at
JOI Rehab Baptist South – 14534 Old St. Augustine Rd, Suite 3220 MOB 3
JOI Rehab San Marco – 1325 San Marco Blvd., Suite 102
To schedule your Acupuncture visit, please click HERE or call the closest JOI Rehab clinic offering Acupuncture:
- San Marco: 904.858.7045
- South: 904.288.9491