Acupuncture After Covid-19
By Jon Stiffler, PTA, CPT, PES
Acupuncture After Covid-19
Acupuncture after Covid-19 poses many concerns for patients. This is because the COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in changes throughout all of our lives. However, while these changes have impacted many aspects of our lives, one thing that has not changed is the benefit of Acupuncture to treat your medical condition.
Acupuncture after Covid-19 can be used to treat many medical conditions including:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Low Back Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Sinus Problems
- Tennis Elbow
- Wrist Pain
What JOI Acupuncture is Doing for Your Safety
- New patients will be called prior to appointment and receive information from clinic staff reminding them of their appointment and giving them instructions to not come in if they feel ill, as well as wearing a mask when arriving for the appointment. Current patients will continue to be educated on these guidelines by their Acupuncturist
- For all staff members and Acupuncture patients being seen in the office, upon entering the facility, staff members will perform temperature checks for all people entering the facility, no exceptions. Patients and staff that are able to proceed will follow normal COVID-19 protocol.
- Not expecting full occupancy, waiting room chairs will be reduced and spread out to allow patients room to social distance.
- Shields have been installed at the front desk areas as a protection device.
- Cleaning of all centers will be daily by our cleaning company.
- Throughout care, Acupuncture patients will continue to be required to wear appropriate PPE at all times while in the building, as well as being provided information for “homemade masks”
- PPE will continue to be used by all staff, tables will be sterilized between patients, previously used sheets will be replaced with clean sheets, and any equipment used will be new or sterilized between each use. Any commonly touched surfaces will be cleaned between each patient by the Acupuncturist to include door handles, pens, chair handles, etc.
- To decrease the risk of disease transmission with hands on treatment, the Acupuncturist will ensure hands are washed and/or sanitized after touching each patient or non-sanitized surface.
- The Acupuncture room will have a HEPA Air Sanitizer in it to filter the air within the room. The room will be aired out between patients.
- Social distancing guidelines will be adhered to at all times except for patient treatment as needed.
- Acupuncture patients who do not want to wait in our waiting room will be provided the ability to wait in their car until the Acupuncturist is ready for them. This will also include the option to pay for their service while waiting in their car or prior to their appointment.
How to Book an Acupuncture Visit
To schedule your Acupuncture visit, please call the closest JOI Rehab clinic offering Acupuncture:
- San Marco: 904.858.7045
- South: 904.288.9491