Achilles Tendon (Video)
Please watch this video explaining the Achilles Tendon. The Achilles Tendon is prone to develop Achilles Tendonitis or Achilles Tendinitis. This is where the tendon becomes inflamed for a variety of reasons.
Achilles Tendonitis Symptoms
What are the symptoms of Achilles Tendonitis?
- Pain and stiffness in the tendon upon waking up in the morning
- Swelling and increase in temperature along the tendon
- Decreased flexibility of the calf muscles
- Thickening of the tendon
- Creation of bone spurs in the foot
- Pain a day after exercising or running
- Swelling around the tendon that increases as the day goes on
- A feeling of a pop in the tendon, which might indicate a tear, when the tendon is being stressed
If you have an issue with your Achilles Tendon, Call 904 JOI-2000 and see a specialist who treats this condition.
Dr. Yorio is a team physician for the Jacksonville Jaguars and he is board-certified in Internal Medicine and has a Certificate of Added Qualification in Sports Medicine.
If you are interested in scheduling an appointment at JOI Rehab for physical therapy, go to: JOIonline.net or call 904-858-7045