5 Tips for Plantar Fasciitis Pain
By Matt Paulus, MS, ATC, Site Coordinator
Here are 5 Easy Tips for Plantar Fasciitis Pain From a Certified Athletic Trainer
- 1)Walk or run on flat surfaces with proper shoes
- 2)Avoid Steps, use an elevator if you already have pain.
- 3)Ice the foot to help reduce your pain at least twice a day. You can fill an empty plastic soda bottle with water and freeze it. Place the frozen ice plastic bottle on the floor and roll your foot back and forth on the ice bottle.
- 4)Using your toes to scrunch a towel can strengthen the muscles responsible for supporting your arch.
- 5)If the pain continues custom orthotics from a physical therapist may help reduce the stress and ease your pain.
- If you want to learn more about Plantar Fasciitis, go to: https://www.joionline.net/trending/content/preventing-plantar-fasciitis
Where is Telemedicine frequently used?
All JOI Physicians, Physical Therapists and Occupational Therapists now offer Telemedicine services for virtual visits from the convenience of your home. If you feel that it is best to stay in your own home during this time, we can still provide orthopaedic Telehealth services for you. Through the download of the free Zoom app on the your phone, tablet or laptop. Our physicians and Telehealth for Physical Therapy can evaluate you and provide the care you need.
- To schedule a new patient or follow up patient appointment with your MD, please call (904)JOI-2000 or read more here about our orthopedic telemedicine providers.
- To schedule an appointment for physical or occupational therapy, call 904-858-7045 or call any of the 12 area JOI Rehab Centers.
JOI Physicians are currently offering ASAP Fracture care. Make an appointment by calling (904)JOI-2000. This is a new option for patients who would like to avoid the emergency room if they have suffered a fracture or soft tissue injury. To learn more about this service, read this article about fracture and injury care.