5 Tips for Plantar Fasciitis Pain
By Matt Paulus, MS, ATC, Site Coordinator
Here are 5 Easy Tips for Plantar Fasciitis Pain From a Certified Athletic Trainer
- 1)Walk or run on flat surfaces with proper shoes
- 2)Avoid Steps, use an elevator if you already have pain.
- 3)Ice the foot to help reduce your pain at least twice a day. You can fill an empty plastic soda bottle with water and freeze it. Place the frozen ice plastic bottle on the floor and roll your foot back and forth on the ice bottle.
- 4)Using your toes to scrunch a towel can strengthen the muscles responsible for supporting your arch.
- 5)If the pain continues custom orthotics from a physical therapist may help reduce the stress and ease your pain.
- If you want to learn more about Plantar Fasciitis, go to: https://www.joionline.net/trending/content/preventing-plantar-fasciitis