JOI Doctors Now Offer Telehealth Visits!
How do I see my Doctor if I cannot come to the Office?
In response to the current public health crisis, JOI doctors are now offering telehealth visits for New and Existing patients. Telehealth visits are virtual visits which occur through ZOOM, an app which allows video conferencing. JOI doctors are still seeing patients in the office for consultations, but patients who are at higher risk for catching the Coronavirus can still see their doctor through a telehealth visit.
How Do Telehealth or Telemedicine Visits Work?
The Jacksonville Orthopedic Institute offers Orthopedic and Non-Surgical Spine services. If you are an existing patient at JOI with one of our Orthopedic Surgeons or Non-Surgical Spine Specialists, you may request a telehealth visit. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Telemedicine visits can be used for initial visits and follow up visits with most JOI Doctors.
- Most Insurance companies cover the Telehealth or Telemedicine visits.
- Telehealth visits are not a replacement of all traditional visits. They help our patients to connect with their doctor about concerns and how to progress their treatment plan if they are unable to come to the office.
- Patients will need to have internet access to utilize the ZOOM app for a Telehealth Visit.
- Patients who wish to have a Telehealth visit must request it when they schedule their appointment. You can call JOI-2000 to request a Telehealth visit.
The ZOOM app is easy to install on your smart-phone, tablet, or computer. Click this Link to Download the free ZOOM app. https://zoom.us/download
Advantages of Telehealth or Virtual Visits
- You can do Telehealth safely from the comfort of your own home during this crisis.
- Save time and resources
- Telemedicine allows for Social Distancing.
- Telehealth allows patients to continue care, including physical therapy. during a time of self-isolation.
- It’s an easy way to stay in touch with your doctor or therapist. You can tell them how you are doing and they can progress your program.
- Your doctor can diagnose many conditions and prescribe appropriate medications using telemedicine.
- The doctor or therapist can see you and have you perform ROM movements or functional movements.
- You can get results of diagnostic or other tests such as MRIs, in the comfort of your own home.
- Telemedicine is optional! You can still come to our offices for a scheduled appointment between 8 am and 1 pm.
Can I use Telehealth or Telemedicine for Primary Care Visits?
Did you know that JOI also offers Primary Care? Dr. Michael Yorio is a board certified specialist in Internal Medicine. He is a Concussion and Sports Medicine specialist and serves as the Internist for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Dr.Yorio is seeing patients for Initial Visits as well as follow up visits with Telehealth for primary healthcare issues. You can request an appointment by calling JOI-2000.
JOI Rehab Centers are also providing Telehealth Visits as well as therapy in your home if needed. JOI Rehab has extended hours appointments for Telehealth or Virtual Visits.
JOI Doctors Can See You For New Patient Appointments
All of the JOI Physicians have expanded their use of Telehealth Visits to include new patient visits. If you are interested in seeing a JOI MD for a new problem that you are having, all you have to do is Call 904-JOI-2000 to schedule this visit.
To book and appointment with one of our doctors, call 904 JOI-2000 or click the link below. If you are requesting a telehealth visit, please clarify that with the scheduler.