Medical Laser – $20 per visit, per body part*
Available by appointment at JOI Rehab San Marco Spine Center, South Spine Center, and Beaches locations only.
What to Expect:
- This therapy is a non-invasive technique designed to help reduce pain and inflammation, and it can be safely used as an adjunct or replacement for pharmaceutical drugs. It is cleared by the FDA as a pain relief treatment. JOI Rehab’s licensed therapists will perform each treatment as directed by your physician.
- Each treatment lasts between 3-15 minutes, depending on the condition being treated, and it is administered directly to skin, as laser light cannot penetrate through layers of clothing. You will feel a soothing warmth, as the therapy is administered.
- Depending on the condition you are being treated for, your therapy may be administered through either a “contact” or “non-contact” hand piece. The contact hand piece is designed to allow your therapist to physically manipulate the tissue, while administering the treatment, resulting in a laser-massage treatment. This allows for light to penetrate deeper into tissues than the non-contact hand piece allows, due to its ability to displace tissue through a laser-massage technique.
- You should experience positive results after 5-8 treatments, or perhaps , an immediate change during the initial treatment. Together, your doctor and JOI therapist will develop a treatment plan that is optimal for your specific condition.
How Does It Work?
- Medical Laser Therapy works by flooding the tissue with photons, which energize cells within the injured tissue, to begin the healing process.
- This therapy allows your body to utilize its own restorative powers by inducing a series of healing responses in your body. As you feel the soothing warmth of our medical laser, you will begin a 18-24 hour process of modulated cellular activity leading to decreased pain and inflammation.
Is It Safe?
- Our medical lasers adhere to strict International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standards in order to provide you with the safest non-invasive treatment option available.
- All JOI therapists approved to use the laser have had extended training and are registered providers with the State of Florida Department of Health.
Why choose Medical Laser Treatment?
- LiteCure® Medical, a leader in its field, is a clinically proven modality that is the preferred brand of professional athletic trainers.
- The LightForce™ EX is the highest-powered therapy laser in LiteCure Medical’s product portfolio. With 15 watts of power, it provides an unparalleled level of versatility. Advanced 3-D animations of relevant anatomy allow our therapists to have the confidence to clearly visualize the treatment area, and it enables you to better understand the scope of the therapy.
- Featuring unique technology, this laser uses optimized dosing to the targeted tissue as part of a customized delivery plan. Critical variables, including the area being treated, specific clinical condition, individual body type, and skin pigmentation, will be used to determine dosage prior to the selection of the most appropriate delivery method for your specific condition. This level of sophistication takes the guesswork out of laser therapy and provides a more consistent, positive outcome with reduced treatment times.”
*(Not typically covered by insurance)
For more info on Laser Therapy read here »
Spine Centers Staff
Renan Abagat, PT
Cebu Doctors’ College, Philippines (March 1990)
Renan has been practicing Physical Therapy since 1991. He has worked in all therapy settings but the bulk of his experience is in outpatient orthopaedics. His special interests include neuromuscular reeducation as an adjunct to manual medicine.
Ehren Allen, PT, COMT
Ehren Allen performed his undergraduate training in Music at the Florida State University. He went on to complete his professional training in Physical Therapy at Florida A&M University. He practiced in many specialty areas since 2000, including neurology, pediatrics, and private practice before deciding to specialize in orthopedics and sports medicine. He completed his certification as an Orthopedic Manual Therapist in 2007 through the Maitland Australian Physiotherapy Group and currently incorporates manual therapy into the treatment of various orthopedic conditions and injuries.
Allan Marlon O. Fiesta, PT, DPT
Doctor of Physical Therapy, University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences (2017)
Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy, University of the City of Manila (2000)
Allan graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy from the University of the City of Manila in 2000 and obtained his Doctorate Degree in Physical Therapy with high honors from the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences in St. Augustine, FL. He has worked in various clinical settings which include long-term care, home health, out patient and acute care settings. He has been with JOI since 2013 and started working at the Spine Center in 2014.
Sarah Katsaras, MPT, OCS
Graduated from FSU with Bachelor’s of Science in Biology in 1994. Earned Master’s degree in Physical Therapy from University of St. Augustine in 1999. Has been with JOI for 11 years, opened the JOI Spine Center in 2011 and has been coordinating the Spine Club meetings for 6 years. She also earned her OCS certification in 2011.
Debbie Rockett, PT, OCS
Bachelor of Science with Honors (Sunderland University, West Yorkshire, England, 1987)
Bachelor in Physiotherapy (Sheffield Hallam University, 1991)
Orthopedic Certified Specialist, June 2012
Debbie has worked in several fields of Physiotherapy, and has specialized in orthopaedic outpatient therapy services. She received her post-graduate certification in Mobilization of the Spine and Extremities in 1992. Recently, Debbie became an Orthopedic Certified Specialist. Debbie has been with JOI since 1995.
Taylor Winn LAc, AP, MTOM
Taylor has studied at two of California’s finest oriental medicine colleges, Santa Barbara College of Traditional Oriental Medicine and Emperor’s College of Traditional Oriental Medicine. She earned her Master’s Degree in 2010 from Emperor’s College of Traditional Oriental Medicine. Currently, she is finishing up her Doctoral degree. She will finish up later this year. Shortly after getting licensed to practice in the state of California, she joined the medical staff at The Biggest Loser Resort in Malibu, CA where she worked for over two and a half years. Taylor also has maintained a successful private practice, Tailored Acupuncture, in Santa Barbara, CA. In addition to general health practice, Taylor’s work at The Biggest Loser Resort enabled her to further develop a specialization in treatment of pain and injury, weight loss management and emotional disorders. In 2011, she spent a month in China studying under Dr. Vivian Chu at the Sheng Ai Hospital of TCM in Kunming. Last year she relocated to Atlantic Beach, FL where she opened Peaceful Acupuncture & Wellness with Michael Hibberts, AP. When Taylor is not treating patients she enjoys traveling, practicing yoga and playing various sports.